Yeee Haw Kiwi Style!

Queenstown Travel Blog

Queenstown

Write later.. but until then.. I leave you with a video of our Queenstown adventures!

Ok, Queenstown is the adventure capital of New Zealand! You can pretty much do anything and everything here! We have already bungy jumped and parasailed.. So, since we have to determine how to stretch our moneys for another 2 months we decided to limit our activities to those we have not done yet. That means Luge and Canyon Swing! (I still would love to bungy again, but its sooo expensive)

We took the gondola up the mountain to get the great view overlooking Queenstown. Here, 12 years later it is just as beautiful as I remember! At the top, you take another gondola up to the start of the luging area. Luging is just a little go cart time thing that you race down the mountain in. I think Ben and I tied on number of wins. The first of my wins I think he was just being a gentleman and the other won he got a slow cart! We would have kept going but they have to shut it down in the rain (it started raining) because of the slick track and the side of a mountain at high speeds don't really truely mix! But, we had fun before the rain!

The canyon swing is pretty much self explanatory!

Headed to Milford Sound for a few days before coming back through Queenstown for a few more nights!

berrypicker says:
Oh, right. I forgot to thank you for the timely report that Tori is still alive. Thank you.
Posted on: Mar 02, 2008
berrypicker says:
OK I'm officially sick to my stomach, all the way up here in Alaksa... bbbbbbblllluucccccccchhhhhh!!
Oh, oh... be back in a minute. Got to visit a small room, quickly!
Posted on: Mar 02, 2008
Me winning!
Me winning!
Ben Winning
Ben Winning
Not your average backyard variety…
photo by: genetravelling