Santiago Travel Blog

We had a quick, whirl-wind stop in Santiago. We arrived around 3pm and had a flight leaving the early the next morning. Suprisingly, we were able to meet up wth a friend from Chile (met in New Zealand when we were both exchange students) who showed us a inside view of the city! We walked everywhere and saw everything. We were up and down every street and amazingly.... we had time for a quick stop into Starbucks!

We took the subway during rush hour (6pm). It was INSANE! As full as the train gets, more people just keep piling in! They push and push and all the suden you have to get off and you are in the middle and you are pushing against people and they are trying to come onto the train and you are trying to get off!! INSANE! Ben loves how peoples feet are inside the train and their bodies are outside and they are waiting for the doors to close because it is the only thing holding their bodies inside the train!!

And of course.. Did I mention I had Starbucks!

I wish we had a few more days in Santiago. It seemed like a great city to explore more.. and we had a great time catching up with an old friend! NOT 'OLD' but old.. Sorry Cris. You know what I mean!

photo by: Bluetraveler