Relaxing with some beach time.

Naama Bay Travel Blog

Hello All,
Today was a mellow endeavor.  After filling up the tank, I took the rental car back.  Grand total for two and a half tanks of gas in the car...  $23.  That adds up to under $1 a gallon, or almost a third the price currently in the states.  I got my cash deposit back, and everything went smoothly.  I was worried by the seemingly easy going nature of the company, and the fact that there was no credit card involved.  It just went entirely against what I've been used to with the big massive international chains.  But it went well.  No worries.

I looked into the prices for diving in the area.  Na'ama Bay is a very expensive international diving destination to be sure.  For one day of diving with equipment rental it would've cost me about $145.  For comparison, on my last trip to the Corn Islands in Nigaragua I paid $250 for ten dives, a whole week of diving!  I also hadn't been really feeling like diving for some reason.  Maybe the higher cost of this trip in comparison to the dirt cheap Latin American destinations had me feeling guilty about the cost of everything.  Not sure, but I decided not to do any diving this trip.  Maybe I'll regret it later.

The rest of the day was good, boring vacation stuff.  Laying in the sun, chilling on the roof of my hotel, and wi-fi'ing at a cafe.  I capped off the night with a lobster dinner, and hit the bed.

Later, Phil