Getting oriented in Tel Aviv.

Tel Aviv Travel Blog

Hello All,
I woke up this morning at about 10am after sleeping pretty well.  I had simple goals for today.  I wanted to figure out where I was so that the driving was easier, find the Egyptian Embassy, got some Israeli Shekels, and found a mall.  My camera is broken, so now I'm stuck with my crappy cell phone cam until I get a new one.  Where's a Best Buy when you need one?

Turns out my hotel is quite near the beach, and in a pretty good location.  It's easy to get to the freeway north out of town, and not so bad the get to the new Ayalon Highway through town.  The bad news is I will be unable to get my Egyptian Visa until Sunday at 9-11am, and I couldn't find a place that sold digital cameras.

Tel Aviv is pretty disorienting.  Street signs are almost all in English, but restaurants do not really follow that convention.  Alot of people do speak English, but I love to window shop for food without getting people's hopes up.  :)  I was really lame and settled on spaghetti from Sbarro in the mall.  There will be plenty of time to eat local cuisine on the trip.

Tomorrow I will head north into Galilee and the Golan Heights.

Later, Phil