Barcelona, Spain, December 2007, Day 2

Barcelona Travel Blog

City Centre - Plaza de Catalunya

The first thing I did the next morning was go and see “X” ;) (from the reception, who I didnt know yet at that point) and ask for some extra blankets. He was very surprised I didn’t have one yet. At first after that sunny day I thought it would be fine but that was very much not the case! I took a shower and packed my bag for the day. I didn’t know what I wanted to do yet so I just started looking trough some brochures I got at a Tourist Information Point. It was a very sunny say so that was great. I saw something about a tour with a tourist bus and I went back to the Tourist Information Point to learn some more about that. It seemed very nice to me so I decided to take the tour. The girl at the Information Point was very friendly and really took the time to explain everything to me. It was a really great system. There were 2 routes that the bus took. The North route and the South route. U could get on the bus at Plaza de Catalunya and it would drive passed all the interesting sights in the city.

City Centre - Plaza de Catalunya
There was a stop at every sight so u could get off the bus if u wanted to take a close look. After that u could get on the bus again whenever u wanted and travel to the next sight. It was really great! There were passes for 1 day or for 2 days. I decided to go with a one day pass.

I met up with Ramesh & Niran and we all went on the bus together. The tour was great! During the tour u could listen to information about all the sights with a headphone. I went off the bus at the Sagrada Familia and Park Guell and just saw the rest of the sights from the bus.

City Centre
It also went to the Football Stadium, the Monastery and all the buidings made by Gaudi. Park Guell was amazing. Such a pretty and peacefull place! We walked around for over an hour and with the nice weather it was just great to be there! It was very touristy but it was a great way to see everything! It was really warm and I almost forgot it was December!

After the tour I said goodbye to the guys from Nepal and went back to the hostel. I recharged my phone battery (It was empty so fast all the time since I took all my pictures with my phone) and took a shower. After that I went back to La Rambla and just walked around trough the citycentre for about 2 hours.

Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona
There was so much to see there. All the streetartists, the pretty lights everywhere, the harbour, Plaza de Catalunya wich was very crowded and I just sat there for a while looking at everything going on around me. I had a great dinner at an Italian restaurant and decided to go back to the hostel early. On the way back some guy in the street talked to me and invited me to go out. He and his friends were very friendly but ofcourse I wasn’t just gonna go with them! He even bought me a rose from some other guy who was selling roses on La Rambla. So 20 minutes later I arrived back at the hostel with the rose. I gave it to the girl at the reception and told her to take good care of it. Then I went up to my room and went to sleep by 23.00. I had a great night with the blankets :)

vodkaphix says:
I did the North trip on the tourist bus with my mate. When i go back to BCN i am gonna do the South side and explore down that way? from all the blogs i have read, it too sounds great!
Posted on: May 06, 2009
sweetnchoco says:
Great Blog. i would like to explore Barcelona someday. Thanks fot sharing.
Posted on: May 22, 2008
Pretty Fountain
Pretty Fountain
Half a Devi :)
Half a Devi :)
Italian Restaurant where I had din…
Italian Restaurant where I had di…
Barcelona