Salt mines

Wieliczka Travel Blog

Salty Pope and I
I awake at oh eight oh oh hours. I read that check out time is at 10AM. I find this difficult to belive so i take my time packing and having a shower and such and at 10:00:01 there comes a 'rat-a-tat-tat' on my door. So i answer the door just covering my plott with my towel. '' Check out ten'' she explained. ''Grand'' i retorted. So i threw my bits and bobs together, flung on my woolies and made for the station to buy a ticket for Zakopane.
    Later i get the train to Wieliczka to see the salt mines. It's an incredible place to see, inparticular the grand church near the end of your tour.
    There are beautiful underground lakes, some natural and some manmade just for the tourist which is a bit of a sham.
    Before you enter the mines you must buy a ticket for around 45pln and you're told you have to pay an extra 10pln if you want to take pictures or film in the mines. If you want to play strictly by the rules you can get the ticket. But since nobody takes a blind bit of notice if you do or not i suggest not to.
    The mines are a beautiful and jaw dropping site but the people running the show seem intent on squeezing outall they can from the visitors.
Wieliczka