The Bir Sur

Big Sur Travel Blog

My board!!!

Thanksgiving Day, my friend Carlos and I have been preparing for this trip.   Neither one of us has family in the US, so we decided to pack up things and head down to Big Sur!  Besides the beach closure in San Francisco and its surroundings, and even though they have clear the beaches  -   we can still smell the oil in the water. Please refer to my OB-One cannot be- blog for more info.   We left at 8 in the morning and got there at 11am. We were not disappointed.   We reached Carmel beach and surfed for a couple of hours, there were only six surfers and after a few hours most left... to be with their families, I supposed, but we had every waves for us.  Our friend Scott met us there.  We camped near Carmel for the night; we knew the swell was going to pick up.

Friday, we woke up at 5am, chili, my head was numbed, the water was intolerable, but the waves were perfect.  I we surfed for about 4 hours straight at an undisclosed location, for our benefit.  Friday afternoon we decided to look for a camp site father north.

Saturday... we woke up at a glorious sight; I had ripped my wetsuit after hitting a few jagged rocks at the peak were we surfed the day prior.  These are the pictures of the what seemed a crowed beach... I guess people knew the swell was coming!!!!!

The video is from the last swell, where veteran Mr. Modavi lost his life... this is, in some way, a tribute...

Wow