Cork Travel Blog

Our second night was in Cork.  The River Lee flows through the city, an island in the river forming the main part of the city centre, to Cork Harbor, one of the world's largest natural harbors. Unfortunately, I have almost no pictures of Cork or the Blarney Stone because my camera battery was dead and I brought the wrong outlet connector.  When we got to Cork, there was a HUGE rugby tournament going on so all of the bars were crazy packed.

We stopped at a few B&B's but many of them were booked because so many people were in town for the Rugby games.  I got a little nervous for a while, but we found a B&B that had a room.  The lady was really nice and she told her that this building was filled but she was opening another B&B on the other side of town.  It was not completely done with construction but was liveable and avaliable.

So, Ed and I decided to go take a look at it.  We drove over there with the lady and it was as if we had our own little house.  The construction was mostly on the outside.  It had a HUGE kitchen, patio and many different rooms.  But we would have the entire house to ourselves.  It was a little bit expernsive, but when would we be able to do this again?  We took the room and went back into town for something to eat.  We decided to get a few bottles of wine and go back to the "house" and pretend that we actually lived there in Ireland.  haha.

Cork Hotels & Accommodations review
Please read my review of Cork for a detailed account of this B&B. Although this was one of the most expensive B&B's that we stayed at, I am not sure … read entire review
photo by: sarah_82