Gamla Stan

Stockholm Travel Blog

I went and visited Gamla Stan again on Saturday. This time I brought my camera and took a few photos. This time the streets were packed with tourists (no I’m not a tourist, I’m a resident) and I was amazed at the hustle and bustle of the area. Nothing can beat the cobble stone paths and the small shops. Gamla Stan has a plethora of artists showing their work in their small galleries.

I went and saw this one artist’s work which I was really drawn to. His work was mainly down with oil and canvas and adding some stenciled airbrushing for text/words and other objects to add a 3rd dimension to his paintings. His work is mainly done on square canvases (which I really like) and his color palette is strong and vibrant. I don’t think I’ve been that drawn into someone else’s artwork before but I really like this. The small pieces go for about 200 Euro, the largest ones go for about 1,000 Euros. Granted its quite a lot, but when I come back home in 5 months, to have a 3′ x 4′ original abstract oil painting from Stockholm would be awesome. I’ll think about it.

Here is his site: www.hge.se . The “Gallery” section has the paintings I was looking at in his studio. The “Art Gallery” section shows examples of his work, it doesn’t have the ones I really like but “Art is hard work”, “The apple NY”, and “Red Funky” are the ones that fall in to the similar theme.

Stockholm