What a difference

Hurghada Travel Blog

Three days after getting my advanced brevet I decided to go to Egypt. Diving in the Netherlands is fun but after september a little cold and dark. So we took the plane and after a 4 hours flight we arrived in Hurghada. We booked a diving packet for 5 days with a belgium company.  My first dive in subtropical water was amazing. I thought I saw nearly everything that exists. Big turtles, parrotfish, big murenes and much more. From that moment I was addicted to travel to blue waters......

But staying in Egypt and not travelling arround is a sin. So in these two weeks we travelled also to Cairo where we visited the piramids. Amazing. We were the lucky one who could climb the stairs in all of the piramids. You phantasy is making a game with you. I imagined that I lived in the periode of farao's. We learned so much about the culture in the national Egypt museum where we met the mummy's. A few days later we were in king's valley to visit the tomb of Toetachamon. What a heat, I thought I died. But again amazing to be there. For al the one who believes that the piramids are in the middle of the desert, it is not. It is near the big city of Cairo and after your tour you can WALK to the pizahut to get you lunch.  About the pizahut in that beautiful place I was a little disappointed.  So when you dive, you have to see the waters of Egypt. Red sea is really amazing. When you don't dive it is also a cultural trip you can not miss.

..... 3 months later again we visited all the murene's, seadevils and Clownfishes again.

travelman727 says:
Great blog! Your writings have got me excited about my visit to Egypt in 2008 :-) I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who fantasizes what it must have been like to live in the past :-D
Posted on: Dec 29, 2007