San Jose to Antigua

Antigua Travel Blog

It was an early start this morning around 6 am to get everything packed and ready and I was collected at 7am to be taken to the airport. I am sitting at San Jose airport waiting to board my Taca airlines flight to Guatemala City, now there is a sentence I never thought I would say. I am busy reading my guide book and getting very excited for the next step of my journey. Well I arrived after what I must say was a very nice flight, great leg room and good service. The airport in Guatemala City on the other hand is absolutely mad; it is probably actually definitely the most chaotic airport I have ever been to. I collected my bags and proceeded to the arrivals hall and there I was greeted by 100’s of people all pushing to see their loved ones arrive, there are actually crowd barriers and no one is allowed in the building.
I looked to see if I could see my driver but there was no one there so I waited and waited until eventually someone came along, it turns out that he had been waiting outside as they don’t allow drivers inside ??
Anyway I am just glad to see him and off we went to Antigua. It is a lot more developed here than I had imagined. Well it took us just under an hour to get here and I was dropped off at the Hotel San Vicente .It is a very quaint and comfortable hotel centrally located only 1 block away from parquet central .I checked in dropped my back pack off and then off exploring Antigua( do you notice a trend happening ). There are so many ruins and old churches in this town everywhere you look there is a photo waiting to be taken. Then back to the hotel grabbed my washing and dropped it off at the laundry I have arranged for them to drop it at the hotel as I am going to be in Chichi all day tomorrow, we will see what happens. I found this great spot for dinner it is called Personales and it plays all 80s music videos and later in the evenings they have a live band .Then off to check my emails and time for bed!!
Antigua