Rincon de la Vieja to Monteverde

Monteverde Travel Blog

Woke up early and decided to do the canopy tour today, it costs 35$ which is very good so booked it and off I went. Well what an amazing adventure, 9 cables all through the forest it was wild, the guides were excellent and really looked after me well and put me at ease. It is amazing like flying through the trees and with incredible views. I still can not believe I did it but would highly recommend it as it is great fun, then back for a quick shower and packing my backpack and then off to lunch. Again a very nice meal, the restaurant here is really good, now I am sitting waiting for the rain to stop the skies have opened up and it is pouring down, I am not looking forward to the drive as it is supposed to be really bad and then it had to rain as well!!!!
Well I was picked up by Mr. happy driver, he proceeded to speak Spanish to me the whole drive even though he knows I speak no Spanish, doesn’t matter though he is quite entertaining and a very good driver so I am very thankful for this.
It has the potential to be a nasty drive but generally speaking it is not so bad .I arrived into Monteverde Los Pinos at around 6 pm and was greeted by Rafael. He is such a nice guy and is really helpful he tells me that the frog world is still open and he orders me a taxi. Dropped my bags off and headed back, the taxi got there and took me through, went on the tour and saw all the frogs it was okay but a bit boring really, but did meet some nice people so we all went for dinner together. Then it was back to the hotel.
Rafael was still up when I got back so we had a chat and he offered to pick me up at 6am to take me on a whistle stop tour of Monteverde as I am already leaving in the morning, so I am looking forward to it.
photo by: smhirsch