Panajachel (Trip around Lake Atitlan)

Panajachel Travel Blog

This morning I woke up early as it is the day for my trip around Lake Atitlan, I was collected from the hotel and taken down to the dock to meet my guide Thomas and the boat driver. Luckily today it is not raining, still a bit chilly but that I can handle .We decided to visit Santa Catarina , San Antonio and Santiago Atitlan. It was a really nice boat ride not rough at all . The lake water is very clear and a beautiful blue, Thomas took me to were the hot springs are so I could feel it and see the water bubbling. Then we stopped off at the different towns, I was shown how they weave their blankets and how they do the various headrests. He also took me to the Indian market which was really colourful and great to observe. Lastly we ended up at the Mayan God and the charman was there praying and burning the incense, it was amazing to see the ceremony going on in front of you.

Then at around 12:20 it was back to Panajachel I waved goodbye to Thomas and headed into town, shame I think he wanted me to go to lunch with him but because of the rain yesterday I had not time to explore so had to choose to explore instead. I ended up getting lost again and landed up in the locals market which was great but not so great if you don’t speak a word of Spanish. Somehow I landed in the right spot eventually and went shopping and more shopping and more shopping and a nice lunch .The little  town is really nice and only a 5-10 minute walk if you go the right way. Then I took a leisurely stroll back had a drink and sat down by the lake , it was very nice and chilled. Then a quick nap(siesta), woke up after2 hours and headed back in to town, this time found the right way.I had an amazing Malaysian meal and then back for an early sleep as have a 10 hour bus journey to San Cristobal tomorrow.
Panajachel