Panajachel to San Cristobal

San Cristobal de Las Casas Travel Blog

Well somehow I woke up, I got collected at 6am by a driver who really does not feel the cold. He kept the window open and I just tucked up and tried to fall asleep. We got to the Guatemalan border I had to go in and get my passport stamped and then I sat outside at the border waiting for my Mexican driver to arrive, I waited around 45 minutes with the driver and eventually he arrived. It is really interesting sitting at the border as you see all sorts, Guatemalan’s being deported back from Mexico, people on overland trips on their Harleys and loads of groups traveling through . We swapped the bags into the new bus and we drove about 3 minutes of no-mans land and then arrived at the Mexican passport control point .Here I filled in the arrivals forms and then off we went, luckily there were only 2 of us on the bus so spread out and fell asleep( I am getting good at this).
I arrived at the hotel and it got settled into my room, then out again exploring. Went to the Cathedral and walked around the market, unfortunately it is still raining a bit so not all the stalls are open. I am absolutely shattered so decided to go in search of an early dinner. I found this great little falafel restaurant hmmm.. had a delicious meal and then rounded it off with a banana and chocolate pancake. I think I over did it but it felt really good, then off for a really well deserved sleep.