Palenque ruins/ Misol ha / Aqua azul

Palenque Travel Blog

Woke up early this morning repacked again !!! Checked out of the hotel and left my bags with reception. We collected a few other people along the way and we were on our way to Palenque. I decided to go on my own through the ruins as wanted to go at my own pace, it is really an amazing setting and I bumped into 3 people from the trip in San Cristobal  which was really nice as we explored a bit together.I am really happy with the timing of our tour as we arrived about ½ an hour before the crowds and so luckily we had the opportunity to enjoy it while it is peaceful and our photos are not crowded with people. I climbed a few of the pyramids and saw the howler monkeys, much bigger than than the ones I have already seen.

Then I walked through and down to the museum past the waterfalls, it was amazing as I felt as if I was there alone as sometimes I did not see anyone for 15 ��" 20 minutes. Then I caught the bus back to meet the group, I was a bit early so went grabbed a snack and walked around a bit, I thought it was strange that no one was there but continued to wait , then suddenly I thought oh no maybe I am in the wrong place, asked a man and he told me I was , I had 5 minutes to get to the other spot which was about 15 minutes walk help!!! I stopped a bus and the man took me straight away to the stop I was so lucky and no one noticed !!
Then it was off to Misol ha, one great waterfall which you can walk behind , in the process getting sopping wet but absolutely worth while. We had a quick lunch and then headed off to Aqua azul, these waterfalls are much much bigger but because it has been raining the water was a bit brown. I didn’t enjoy them as much as Misol ha as it is a lot more touristy and there are lots of stalls which spoils it a bit, never the less it is very beautiful.Then after a very long day we returned to Palenque. I had enough time to have a quick shower repack my bags, as now I have bought a new one and head to the station to catch the overnight bus to Playa del Carmen.
Palenque