Manuel Antonio to San Jose

San Jose Travel Blog

I was woken this morning to the sound of howler monkeys, didn’t see them but sure could hear them. I checked I had everything and headed for breakfast, my driver was already there about an hour and a half early, dropped my bag off and went for breakfast anyway he said he didn’t mind waiting, although he was not the friendliest of drivers. Well the drive was pretty uneventful and I spent the whole time listening to my ipod. We arrived in San Jose and he dropped me at Jan’s office, it was really great to meet with the whole office and Jan and I went out for a Mexican lunch which was really great and we sat chatting for ages, then I got transferred back to the hotel Europa.Well I was welcomed like royalty, they gave me a huge room, the hotel is very classic style and reminds me of an uptown new york style hotel. They offer free internet and gave me vouchers for a free dinner and breakfast yahoo!!!
Then it was time to head off to explore the town of San Jose, I went down to the central Mercado which is a tour within its own, it sells everything from amazing flowers to fresh fish, coffee or souvenirs. There are loads of people and I could spend all day here people watching. Then it was shopping time ended up buying a few new t-shirts and a jumper as I only brought along one, decided I have to do my shopping when I get to Antigua. Then back to the hotel for a lovely dinner and my bed I am thoroughly exhausted.
San Jose