Manuel Antonio

Manuel Antonio Travel Blog

I decided on a leisurely lie in today followed by a yummy breakfast, then it was off to do some exploring in Manuel Antonio. Well the bus ride is spectacular as you come over the hill you can see the magnificent ocean with black volcanic rocks and the wild jungle surrounding it, really amazing view. As you head down into the beach resort you feel as if you are entering a Caribbean resort. Reggae music can be heard , loads of Rastas line the pavements , stalls selling everything from necklaces to t-shirts line up along the beachfront and there are lots of little cooking stations along the way selling divine smelling specialties .Well to get to the national park you have to stay on the bus until the last stop and then take a little boat to get to the entrance of the park, the guys in the boat are a bit of a rip off a you can actually get across without them it is just difficult, luckily I did not have this problem these 3 Venezuelan guys grabbed my hand and said that they will take me with them so no problem.
The park costs $7 to get in and wow it is spectacular a perfect beach with a rain forest surrounding it, it reminds me very much of the beach settings in Thailand. Well I went walking came across one  monkey, a sloth and lots of lizards, there are quite a few trails you can take and I did around 3 of them and was absolutely shattered. After about 3 ½ hours of walking I had had enough and could not find my way out. I felt like I was going to die how hot and tired I was and it took every ounce of energy for me to try and find my way out but as I came around the corner it was amazing there in front of me was a whole family of monkeys around 12 of them including babies. Suddenly all my tiredness was forgotten and I spent around 45 minutes just watching them playing it was an experience that will stay with me forever. Then I really needed to get out of there and get something to eat and drink. Went for a delicious curried chicken meal at the local restaurant on the side of the road only about $5 .
Decided to go exploring this quaint little town, it is really laid back and has a few nice restaurants but basically a surfer’s hang out with a beautiful beach and a few stalls.