Cahuita to La Fortuna

La Fortuna Travel Blog

Well after a long sleep I awoke refreshed and ready for a fun filled busy day. I re-packed my backpack and sorted out my vouchers etc… then it was off to explore some more of Cahuita. I had a wonderful cup of Costa Rican coffee and started chatting to the owner’s wife and gardener. She promptly showed me the little frog that I had been searching for he is so beautiful and I think the most photographed frog in Costa Rica as I took about 70 photos I just couldn’t help myself .Then went for a leisurely stroll along the beach front and found a little internet café which had skype which is so great so took the opportunity to phone home and touch base. Got collected from the hotel at 10:30am for the drive to La Fortuna, a full bus this time 4 Spanish, 2 Dutch and we were on our way.

After driving for about an hour and we stopped to change buses at this very strange place. The only way to explain it was it was like a rodeo on the side of the road, loads of cowboys and a man singing in a microphone all dressed up as a matador really festive .Then it was on our way again, another 2 hours passed and it was time to stop for lunch. The place where we stopped was amazing, they had toucans and iguanas and I think we are really lucky to see them as no one I have spoken to has seen one yet, then on the road again to La Fortuna. Our driver stopped in town at the tourism info point and they told us about some tours, I only had one night and so I booked the tour to the volcano plus the Baldi hot springs .I arrived at the hotel and wow I have an amazing room with views directly to the Volcano .I only had 5 minutes so dropped my bags and headed outside to be picked up for the tour (50$).
Well I was collected by a full bus and off we headed to the Volcano, we stopped at the viewing point and watched the sunset before heading towards the volcano.
The Arenal volcano is one of the most active volcano’s in the world and it erupts every 5-20 minutes .Well we were incredibly lucky and got a great view of the volcano as the clouds cleared, you have to be quite lucky as often you will not see the lava rocks die to the weather conditions .Then it was off to Baldi hot springs, well all I can say is heaven must be similar to this place, picture the perfect paradise and this is it. 21 Thermal baths all at different temperatures with waterfalls and beautiful tropical gardens and a swim up bar to top it off. I can not remember when I was last so relaxed .Then it was back to the hotel for a well deserved sleep , I can not believe what an amazing time I am having, I wouldn’t change it for the world.
La Fortuna