Milan to San Jose

San Jose Travel Blog

Well here I am sitting at Malpensa airport at 5:30am. I am wide awake after a thrilling formula one experience with my taxi driver Alberto. Just called Mum to say goodbye and got all checked in, it is a record for me my backpack only weighs 8.5kgs a definite first.
I have a 5 ½ hour stop in Amsterdam so I am hopefully going to get my guidebook on Central America so that I can read it on the plane. I am really excited now and can not wait to start this amazing trip, my nerves are setting in a bit as this is my first trip alone but I am sure I will be fine.
Well after a long stopover I managed to get all my shopping done and now am itching to get going.
I am sitting on the plane (Martin air) the seats are quite comfortable and the plane is relatively modern. My luck I have been sat next to a lady who does not speak a word of English and the only thing she is capable of communicating to me by means of signing is that San Jose is incredibly dangerous and I am going to be mugged (GREAT!!)
I am still positive and will make up my own mind when I get there.
Well my Spanish is improving NOT!!! Still she persists and now has invited me to her house. The flight has been good and they have continuously fed us the whole way, had to have a change at Orlando but now finally have arrived in San Jose. Grabbed my luggage and headed out to the arrivals, I was met by my CRS driver Manuel and taken to the Hotel Balmoral, the hotel is great and of a very good standard, I am feeling a lot better and confident with the efficiency and organization of my trip .Decided to pop out and grab a bite to eat, I don’t feel threatened at all but I think like in any major city there are areas that you should avoid and I experienced no problems. Grabbed a quick Taco bell and went for a quick walk to the Nacional theatre  it is really nice in the evening and the building is lit up and there is lots of people walking around .Went back and crashed out I have an early start tomorrow so need all the sleep I can get.
San Jose