Zombie -Techno, The Arrival

Bangkok Travel Blog

Bangkok is always a good place to start aSouth East Asian trek I have experienced.  Every country is accesible and it is handy for stocking up on last minute essentials.

After working hard all year and savouring this trip it came to pass that a big blow out weekend was essential before I left, especially as it was afreinds birthday.  Time to fit in some of the pre-christmas sherberts.  Unfortunately the lure of the not too subtle tequila worm came across and a blow out became a typhoon of debauchery.

After a heavy Sunday night flight leaving Terminal 3 via Abu Dhabi I arrived in BKK with a bit of a head and some real heavy bruising, not one for shying away I decided that the 'hair of the preverbial dog' was the best thing to do.  This I thoroughly regretted as I spent most of the next three days convalesing in my hotel room.  This period may have been reduced if my hotel room had had windows however sadly not.  My only view to the outside world was via a nice flatscreen Plasma suspended from the ceiling playing a back to back movie 'Land of the Dead, George A Romero.  Thiswas compounded by the fact that I had to keep it on as it slightly dulled the heart thumping, ear piercing noise from the techno club downstairs.  Zombie-Techno was not the start to my trip that I was expecting although running round BKK acheiving some of my essential chores it didn't seem that much different outside my hotel room.  BKK has realised its place in the capitalistic future and...

So today am wasting some time away writing this as I wait for my Vietnamese Visa somewhat glad of the past few days of 'rest'.  So tonight I tackle Hanoi and its modern charms that I am sure I will see when arriving at night.  But look forward to the slower pace of sailing Ha Long Bay and canoeing the rice paddies of Tam Coc.

zaravee says:
When do we get a new blog Ziggy?
Posted on: Dec 05, 2007