London/Brussels - Day 2

London Travel Blog

British Museum

We left London horribly early the next morning, only having time for breakfast and to take an extremely limited amount of photos - the ones of the hotel and of the British Museum which was literally five minutes down the road.  I wish I could have had a chance to explore inside it, it looks amazing.
We had to wait for a while until we got on the bus down to Dover. It took an absolute aaaage but me being me slept for most of it. Also, the white cliffs of Dover are no longer white, they're grey. We were at the cafe thing there for a while until we had to go on to the ferry. Again, this was supremely boring - I read Grazia about five times.

Our hotel - Malborough
Finaaaally we docked and we got on our tour bus, only to get off again to sort out our luggage. Our tour directer - Emma, introduced herself and everyone on the bus had to say where they were from. It turned out that mere and I were the only people from Scotland, and there was only four people (including us) from the UK. Everyone else was from America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Thailand so on and so forth, which made it nice. Our bus driver was called Christian - explaining the "Bonjooooour Christian" and he was from Belgium.
So, we made our way into Brussels and to our hotel - Catalonia Forum, which was small but nice. We got the tram into the centre (number 94) with other people from our group, including the Japanese couple from London, the insuffrable know it all from California with his reaally badly dressed granddaugher etc. We had dinner in this street with literally hundreds of restaurents and then went for a walk about. I got a hair clip with Van Gogh's "Sunflowers" on it and a gooorgeous bag.  Brussels is lovely, the architecture's pretty and it just seems like a really nice place which I would have liked to have spent some proper time in.
We got slightly lost - all the old white buildings look the same but eventually found the tram stop (sadly at the same time as the annoying Californian did) and went back to the hotel.

London