Day 4 - Vaduz

Vaduz Travel Blog

Vaduz castle

We left Switzerland for just a little while, to go into Liechtenstein, one of the smallest countries in Europe.  I think it might be the fourth smallest, after the Vatican City, Andorra and Monacco.  Upon telling people from home that I was going there, they didn't believe it existed, seriously.  I had to buy them maps when I was there to prove its existence! I kid you not.

We weren't even in the capital - Vaduz, for that long.  It's lovely but there isn't that much to see, on account of it being so small.  From what I can remember, it's basically made up of one main street, with a couple of smaller streets jutting off of it.  I bought a cardigan from what I'm sure must have been the most expensive Esprit in the world, but I had no desire to relive the nightmare of the cold of the cuckoo experience, so I spent like 60 euro on a cardigan, funfun...

Hehe, I got my passport stamped with a Liechtenstein stamp!  It was the very first stamp in my new passport because hardly any European countries stamp it because most of them, like Britain, are in the EU, or something similar to that?  Oh and I had kaffee in this adorable little cafe, caramel coffee, it was delicious!

Vaduz