Day 4 - Rhine Falls

Schaffhausen Travel Blog

Rhine Falls

After slowly freezing to death in the cuckoo making place of doom (still have no idea where I actually was), we crossed over from Germany into Switzerland, for my first proper experience of Switzerland - to the Rhinefalls at Schaffhausen

It's sort of whereish the River Rhine begins in Switzerland, near to it anyway, and it's the largest waterfall in Europe, I suppose it's like our version of Niagra Falls only much much smaller, because clearly we do things on a smaller scale in Europe.  Anyway, they're really quite amazing, but they were the first properly big waterfalls that I'd ever seen, so I was going to be impressed anyway.

And it was really great actually being in Switzerland for the first time.

Me at the Rhinefalls
  It's unbelievably beautiful and its practically the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen in my entire life.  It was so typically Swiss though, there was so many snow covered but still green mountains, and cows all over the place. It's quite weird going over from the German border into Switzerland though, because they're quite strict, and they came in the bus and searched it and things like that, and there were all these very confused Japanese tourists, taking pictures, which apparantly, you weren't allowed to do.

Anyway, it was still quite cold there, but no proper snow, which I was tres thankful for, in that, I actually got the feeling in my feet back and didn't think that I was going to expire from frostbite at some point, which is always an advantage...

Schaffhausen