London - Day 1

London Travel Blog

I left Glasgow to fly to London Heathroooow in the morning, arrived in London, then took the underground from the airport into the centre.  There was much confusion over the right subway station to get off at, we got off at Russell Square, rather than what we should have, and had to backtrack through Bloomsbury to find the hotel, which felt like forever.  We finally got there to the hotel (Malborough) which was in Bloomsbury - full of second hand bookshops = heaven pour moi and so very lovely.

I done all my usual Londony things - Leciester Square, Oxford Street, Regent Street, South Bank, Covent Garden etc etc, compacted into just one day. I got a really quite cool classic film book from the second hand book stalls below Waterloo Bridge (geeky classic film, Vivien Leigh reference right there!) on the South Bank. Our hotel was really near Russell Square, thus was bizarre to the extreme (it's one of the places where the London bombings were during the summer) . Anywaaays, I got a Breakfast at Tiffany's t-shirt from Topshop, a black top with a polka dot scarf from h&m and jeans and white cords from Gap. I love London shopping. It's amazing. I would happily live in the Topshop there, it's just that great.  After some late night shopping around the west end, we headed back to the hotel to watch some crappy tv, since we had an early start the next morning, to go on to Dover, to get to Calais and then to Brussels! :)

photo by: ulysses