Visalia Travel Blog

We have already spent a while getting this trip planned and setup. Health issues have delayed it twice.  Nothing major, just want to be totally healthy before we go.

Now we are setting up the laptop and making sure we can download from the camera to the laptop.  I bought software to help do some route planning. (Lord am I anal or what!) We already took the data to AAA and they set up our hotels and did a TripTik. That gives us the straight through driving plan from city to city and also suggests a few possible side trips or sites to see. But I have a spreadsheet set up with as much detail as anyone could ever imagine (more anality) and have my laptop in good condition with a new battery and plenty of room for more pictures and data. We don't have a GPS system, but with all the maps, software, etc., we are set to go.

Now it's time to pack the clothes, and other neccessities and get our luggage ready. Then the wife requires we leave everything clean, so vacuuming, dusting, and general house cleaning so we come home to a nice home.

What started out as about a 4,000 plus mile vacation has now been expanded to 5,000 miles. That's over 22 days. We'll see if we can make it or need to drop a small side trip here or there.

The excitement and anticipation increases!

Chelsea says:
wow you took a laptop!
Posted on: Feb 24, 2007
Aditu says:
HAHAHA are we related? I had all the route numbers typed in on the itineray (yep typed) BAAH!! I love it!
Posted on: Sep 21, 2006
Visalia General Tips & Advice review
Prior to going on our three week summer trip, covering 5,000 miles of territory where I was unfamiliar, I purchased this software. Full price was $3… read entire review
photo by: Hummingbird