The Tin Butt is in the bag!

Saint Petersburg Travel Blog

Well, here I am back from the club's third annual Tin Butt Ride. What a great day! The ride started at our regular meeting location, which is Barney's of St. Pete Kawasaki Yamaha Honda dealership. They're a club sponsor. Anyway, this was not a led ride. In other words, you were on your own. They gave us a suggested route sheet which had three manditory stops listed. On each stop, we had to gather a receipt or something to document our visit. This year's route took us all the way up into DeLand, Florida. Heck, we weren't but about 25 minutes west of Daytona. Maybe less. After hitting that third manditory stop in DeLand, we looked at the time and it was getting tight; we were supposed to be back in St. Pete by 4:00 p.m. So, most of us hit Interstate 4 and cranked the throttles pretty hard... We made some serious time back. Several of us rolled in only a few minutes after 4:00. Not bad. I neglected to set my GPS' odometer at the start of the day, but afterwards I uploaded the tracks from the Zumo into my laptop and calculated the mileage; 401 miles for the day! Not bad. Weather cooperated perfectly. Here's some pics. Enjoy!