Koh Phangan - More madness & New Years

Koh Phangan Travel Blog

Happy New Year to you all!!!

We've had a great new year over here. Yesterday me Ads and Ben went diving (well Ben snorkelled) at Sail Rock which is a popular dive site about an hour from here. It was the hightlight of my year if not my life as we saw a WHALE SHARK!!! I was so in awe and felt so happy and lucky to have seen one - I could have cried!!! Adam saw it first, coming straight at us from behind while I was busy taking a picture of something much less significant! So he had to grab me and as I turned it swam right by my side and off in front of us. I think I managed to get a couple of pics before it disappeared! It seemed so BIG (Clare, I could NOT believe how big! lol) in the water but the dive instructor said he reckoned it was only about 4m long so just a baby! Unfortunatley we didn't see its mum! Oh yeah and there is also this vertical 'chimney' inside the rock which you can swim into and up and then out again which was brillant! Saw loads of massive schools of fish and horrid jelly fish too!

Another amazing thing that happened yesterday was that Ben knew one of the girls on the dive trip from back home so we arranged to meet up with her and some of her friends later on for the New Years Party.

What a small world!

We've had more mad nights out here, a great night out to send off the girls (Rosie & Karina) and other crazy nights other than the full moon party and NYE, there are lots of pics of the various nights out complete with Buckets and body paint. :)

We had another good night out last night on the beach. It was much the same as the full moon party on xmas eve but LOTS more people (LOTS more idiots!) And there were amazing fireworks at midnight - much better than the ones at Roundhay park I thought!

So we are coming to the end of our time in Koh Phangnan and we've had such a great time. It was sad to see the end of the 'xmas family' but it was so much fun having everyone over for xmas! Its been one of the best EVER!!!!

We (me, Ads, Ben & Burnley - the new year family!) are setting off to Malaysian Borneo on the 3rd Jan via a 26 hour bus/boat journey and then a flight to Kota Kinabalu, which we are not looking forward to! So the next instalment will be from there! Yay!

stabber911 says:
Looking forward to see your next trip from Malaysian Borneo (East Malaysia)
stabber911 says:
Looking at your first and then second photo seem to be like before and after shot.. :) wild party!!
Koh Phangan