A short trek in Jebel Saghro, Morocco

Marrakech Travel Blog

Well it's time to start thinking about the next 'social' trip (the next business one is to British Colombia, Canada......which is going to be hard work but great fun!!). I am trying to get a group of my mates together for some trekking in Jebel Saghro in February.

It should be a very exciting one week tour, as it includes 4 days trekking in the dramatic Jebel Saghro region of Morocco, inhabited by hardy Berber people and nomadic tribes. The landscapes in February should be truly spectacular with all types of flowers and forna coming through (yep, never too tough to like a bit of scenary). The trekking should be varied as mother nature has shaped and sculptured an array of ancient volcanic mountains to create seemingly never-ending plateaux, mesas and canyons - and of course we are talking about the last barrier of rock before the Sahara Desert.

The trip will also be top and tailed by a night in Marrakech........so time to wash off the sweat and dirt and take in the delights of the lively night life.

I'm posting a link to the itinerary that we will be taking just in case anyone is interested in looking.

If you have been on this route or close to it before I would love to hear your comments or see any images. I will keep this updated as to who is going and what dates etc. and then will keep a little log of our travels.

mpmurph133 says: