My San Francisco visit

San Francisco Travel Blog

Ok ok I know it had been a while I came back from USA and I wrote only now about my trip but you know I am a busy guy. What? You don't konw? Ok whatever. Let's me begin. So as you know, I arrived at San Francisco on Nov the 25th after 19 hours of flights and transits because of a technical problem with Air France (too long to explain). So we landed at 11:30 pm but fortunately, during one of my transit at Atlanta, I had time to check the San Francisco airport website which offer many useful informations like public transport with schedule, etc... so I could read that there is a public transport called BART which would be able to drive me near the hotel I must stay. Thanks to the Bart I was finally be able to join the Maxwell Hotel where I enjoyed a good sleepy night!
Now let's talk about San Francisco and what I visited. So first, you cannot come to SF without visiting the Golden Gate Bridge. It is impossible, it is especially for tourists ad it is mandatory :-) so I made it. Then, I made a quick stop to Coit Tower, you know the fireman tower where you have a pretty good sight of the town. And with a french friend we finished our day by climbing up one of the Twin Peaks. It was during the night and it was fantastic, the sight was superb and with my friend we were cold but we felt ourselves nice. I advise you to make it during the night you will not have regrets.
The day after, at the morning, with my friend we decided to visit the Alcatraz Island, I read lot of things about it, I watched movies but at the end of my visit I learnt many things. It was awesome. I thought that when we would arrived we would have to follow a guide and to try to listen and to remind to what he would say but i was wrong. Indeed, the alcatraz staff gives you an audio guide with play, pause and volume buttons only and what you have to do is only to follow the audio voice what will guide you through the prison at your own pace. I would never forget this interesting visit. Then of course after, the Alcatraz tour, we went to Fisherman's wharf but it was too much touristic, the only thing to see is the sea lions so nothing more to tell about this place.