Midge infested Argyll!

Oban Travel Blog

P3011870

McCaig's Tower from Oban Bay © SM Simpson

Next morning, after a horrendous night with Charis (who didn't go down til after midnight, woke around 5am and would not be consoled!), we were disappointed to see that the rain had got worse overnight and the midges were dreadful! We had planned on going to the Rare Breeds' Farm Park in Oban but decided we'd rather not be eaten alive by the midges! So it was a trip to Benderloch for lunch at Ben Lora Cafe (always to be reccommended!) and then a trip into Oban to boring old Tescos! Back home I had to feed a frazzled Charis, who by now was almost constantly holding her left ear, and we both fell asleep on the sofa. Fortunately we woke in time for Dr Who! Then Mum and I started dinner - French bread, cheese, salami and       to start, followed by chicken stuffed with basil, mozzerela and Chinese 5 spice served with roasted veg and potatoes, and scrumming chocolate pudding to finish. Yum! We had hoped to visit my cousin Gael and her family - her husband's Mum passed away last week - but Charis was just too poorly.

Hoping for an early night ..... fat chance! Charis got her second and third wind and after entertaining the whole household, settled after midnight again! I'm soooooooooo tired!!!!

Oban