Home again! :-(

Inverness Travel Blog

Sunday morning - by now I am utterly exhausted! Charis had been so inconsolable when she woke (for the third time!) at 6.30am that I had to take her down to the living room. And she stayed awake til around 9am! We had hoped to go to the Fathers' Day service at Dunbeg Church, but it wasn't looking likely! Charis and I went back to bed in Mum and Dad's room around 9.30am - she was like a limpet and wouldn't unlatch! We woke around 1pm and Andrew brought us up a bacon roll and wonderful cup of tea. Mum arrived back not long after and Dad soon after that, having been preaching in Dalmally and its link. We took our time getting packed and headed off around 3pm - Andrew went ahead with Dad in his car to get a seat at Ben Lora cafe in Benderloch and Mum, Charis and I followed. I get more and more depressed each time I leave Oban .... "Who Says You Can't Go Home" is my anthem just now!!! We had a lovely lunch as usual ..... I sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo recommend the chocolate fudge brownies! Charis was in great form, splashing in the puddles in the pouring rain! Then it was time to say goodbye.

IMGP1263 Ali

Ganavan Sands © AJ Harvey

The road wasn't busy, but the weather was dreadful - torrential rain most of the way. If we thought the weather was bad, Charis's temper was even worse! She screamed the whole way and I had to stop at Kentallen to feed her again - I was pretty raging myself! We carried on ... and the screaming carried on until Fort William, when she finally fell asleep. We had the chart show on BBC Radio1 to keep us company once Charis quietened down - but it was just as nerve jangling with all the awful football songs being played!!

At No 27 - Tonedef Allstars, Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Jurgen

At No 15 - Crazy Frog, We are The Champions (Ding A Dang Dong)

At No 11 - Tony Christie, (is This The Way To) The World Cup (shame on you Tony - you've gone down in my estimation!)

At No 10 - Sham 69 & The Special Assembly, Hurry Up England - The People's Anthem

At No 9 - Baddiel / Skinner / Lightning Seed, 3 Lions

At No 8 - Embrace, World At Your Feet

... and there were probably more ... it was dreadful!! Bad enough that we are subjected to all the media coverage of the English team, but do we have to be further tortured by banal songs too!? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I was pleased, though, that Bon Jovi charted at No 5 with 'Who says you can't go home?' and that Sandi Thom is still holding at No 2.

The trip back up the A82 was uneventful and we arrived home around 8pm 'ish. I was knackered and in foul form by now, so I went straight to bed with Charis! But that didn't work and at around 9.30pm Andrew responded to her shouting 'Dada' and came and took her for an hour or so! Yet again it was after midnight by the time I got her settled! This can't go on! It really spoiled the weekend for us all and my nerves can't take much more!

Inverness