It really is SUMMER camp...

Fairlee Travel Blog

Once again it feels as though camp is just flying by and I can't believe that soon it will be over.  We've had really hot weather the last week - but it also rains & storms a little each day, making it very humid.  Not my favourite kind of weather, but I'm coping!

My second-half campers are heaps of fun - we spend a lot of the time in our tent just in fits of laughter.  A few days ago was "Nancy's Nightmare", which is a special day when pretty much all the rules go out the window - you can sleep in, you don't have to wear uniform, you can sit wherever you want in the dining room, you don't have to go to activities if you don't want to, you can just hang in your tent.  Plus all the departments offer fun & different activities that we wouldn't usually offer.

So there was sun-tanning and pedicures and we drew on tattoos and we rode bikes off the dock and we dragged people along behind boats and we had pontoon boats to cruise around the lake on and there were movies to watch and way too many activities on offer!  It was heaps of fun, and quite a relaxing day for me.

The next two weeks will be really busy, with letters to write, banquet decorations to be made, and of course campers to supervise and entertain, (not to mention travel plans to organise...), so it's very exciting but I also know I'm going to be very sad to leave.

photo by: erinontour