I arrived in one piece!

New York Travel Blog

Yellow cabs in New York City

Well, it has begun!  I left Australia on 16th June at 9am, and flew via Sydney & New Zealand, and arrived in LA at 10am the same day - very weird and I'm still confused as to which day it is.

Overnight in LA I stayed at "Backpacker's Paradise", which was certainly an experience!  On the shuttle from the airport I met Kylie & Shane (from NZ & Aus), so we hung out together whilst we were there & wandered down to the shops to experience a bit of LA. Kylie's also going to a camp & we were on the same flight to New York on Saturday, so it was good to have someone to travel with for a while.

We got a shuttle from JFK to the International Youth Hostel, which was much nicer than the one in LA.

New York City!
  It was very surreal seeing all the NYC sights - heaps of yellow cabs everywhere.  We hung out with Em too - who aparently lives up the street from me in Melbourne!  And we wandered down the street & once again it was such a surreal experience.

Then this morning I had a 7hr bus ride from NYC to my camp - there were a big bunch of Aussies/Brits going to another camp nearby, so it was good chatting to them for most of the way.  I got very stressed out at the end, coz I hadn't been able to call my camp to come pick me up as the phone number I had was wrong.  But they turned up anyway, so all is good.

The camp sites are beautiful & I've met some cool people already (we've just come into Hanover, New Hampshire to check emails etc - no such technology at camp).  So now the fun begins - after I get a good night's sleep!

New York