Washington Weekend...

Washington Travel Blog

The weather was a bit crappy on Saturday, which is never a good start.  But I ventured out with my umbrella & went to the Renwick Gallery, which wasn't very exciting - but I think I was a little bit over museums & galleries by this stage, plus crappy weather when sightseeing always puts me in a bad mood.  So I wandered around getting grumpier & grumpier & eventually sat in a Starbucks for a while (coffee is always helpful & I'm loving the fall-special Spiced Pumpkin Latte!)

Then I headed over to Arlington Cemetery & the sun actually came out, so I had quite a nice, reflective afternoon wandering around.  Saturday night I went out with Ramsey & a few other old Aloha gals (Kara & Courtney B & Alysha...) it was fun to get out a bit & talk Aloha & other things.

So Sunday: By today I'd really done all the things on my list & couldn't be bothered with any more sightseeing.  So I ended up having brunch with Rams & some of her friends & we went to the Crafty Bastards fair down the road.  It was nice to just hang out with people & not have to be go-go-go looking at things all day!  Then we just crashed & watched football games all afternoon... I understand American football a little more than I previously did, but I still think it's a bizarre game.

photo by: b93sp