These little town blues...

New York Travel Blog

The Met

My last few days in New York have been a little less active, just coz I couldn't keep the pace up much longer!

I spent all day Wednesday in the Metropolitan Museum of Art ("the Met"), which in the end was a little overwhelming looking at such a wide range of museumy stuff in one day - and there was still plenty I didn't get to.

Thursday & Friday the weather was rainy & crappy, which was not a nice way to end the week.  Especially since these were the days I'd planned to wander a few neighbourhoods & check out the Statue of Liberty etc... But I pressed on anyway & wandered through Chinatown & SoHo & Greenwich Village, and also walked along Park Ave & Fifth Ave, looking at all the fancy shops & buildings.

Friday I took the Staten Island Ferry across to go past Lady Liberty & then came straight back - the weather really wasn't good for sightseeing.  By this stage I was cold & wet & pretty unimpressed with New York, but I made one last attempt to get tix to "Wicked" by trying my luck in a Broadway lottery - that would've made my day, but it didn't happen.

Anyway, time to move on, next stop Philadelphia...

The Statue of Liberty