Camp is kicking along

Fairlee Travel Blog

Well we have nearly reached the half-way point of our camp, which seems amazing.  Parents Weekend is next weekend, and that's when my campers are leaving, so we only have one week left together.

This week seems to have gone along very smoothly, which means I should just wait for something to go wrong... but it's good because it hasn't been too stressful and I feel like I'm beginning to know what I'm doing.  We've been having lots of fun in our Arts & Crafts barn - painting, drawing, making beads, cross-stitch, potttery, dyeing, weaving... you name it, we've tried it.  Lots of the girls are getting really in to it, but there's always a few who just come to arts & crafts because they want to sit around and chat - we try to encourage those ones to work on something whilst they chat!

We have lots to organise for Parents Weekend - there's posters and pins and show program covers, plus we're dealing with a lot of the costumes & sets & props for the show.  This year it's "The Wiz of Oz", which is a hybrid of The Wizard of Oz with The Wiz, with a few songs from Wicked thrown in for good measure!  There are intense rehearsals going on with all the girls involved, and it will be interesting to see how it all comes together.

My tent family is planning an overnight trip for next week before they leave - sleeping out in a treehouse and cooking lots of good old camp food over a fire.  It should be fun, and the girls are doing most of the organising with food etc, so it's good to see them getting involved.
photo by: erinontour