Boston!

Boston Travel Blog

Orchard House

So I've spent a week in Boston, which has been very very relaxing - mainly because half the time I just slept or sat around the house, but that was just what I needed after camp. Gordo & Co were absolutely amazing & made my week just awesome!

Lindsey was also staying with Gordo, so she & I got out and wandered around the city doing some shopping. We also spent an afternoon over in Cambridge, wandering the Harvard campus (we were planning to take a tour, but couldn't find where they left from).

I also went & visiting Orchard House, which was the home of Louisa May Alcott (I love "Little Women"). It was really interesting & they had a very detailed tour of the house, with lots of the furniture etc being their original stuff.

I went back to Harvard one afternoon & took a tour of the campus (now that I knew where they left from). It was actually the "Hahvahd" tour - a little more light-hearted than the official tour, but still very informative. And one afternoon I drove to Gloucester, a little fishing town north of Boston, where it was lovely to wander the shops and the docks.

Boston Public Garden