Back in San Fran

San Francisco Travel Blog

The Golden Gate Bridge

So after San Jose I headed back to SF & spent a few more days there.  I went and walked across the Golden Gate Bridge, which had some nice views & it the weather was really good.  I also checked out the Fisherman's Wharf area & spent a day over on Alcatraz - it was very interesting to hear all the stories & look around such a famous prison.

I also went to Golden Gate Park, which I wasn't too enamoured with - there are a lot of homeless people there & it's just not as nice as, say, Central Park.  Also I was cold (yes the weather has finally caught up with "fall").  But I stumbled across the deYoung Museum's first birthday party - so there was free entry & live bands & birthday cake, so it turned out to be a good day!

Of course being in San Francisco I had to go on a cable car, which was a little more eventful than I would've liked.  We were held up for a while by fire-trucks & police cars ahead - we couldn't see what was happening, but presumed some kind of routine accident.  Then suddenly we saw a guy scrambling out a 6th-floor window - someone obviously tried to grab him coz he kicked there for a moment... and then he fell.  It was absolutely horrifying.

They got him off in an ambulance pretty quickly, but I doubt that was going to do him much good.  So that's something I could've done without seeing, but I guess I'll never forget the San Francisco cable car...