Ballyvaughan Travel Blog

Gregan's Castle Hotel

Des told us that Gregan's Castle is in ruins on the hotel property, but we weren't able to see it through the thick forest.  The Gregan's Castle Hotel was an absolutely perfect ending to a perfect day.  The fire in the lobby was warm and inviting and the pretty desk clerk was pleasant and helpful.  We just had enough daylight left for a quick walk around the grounds.  Leigh Ann was able to snap a few quick pictures of our hotel and some curious cows pastured on the property.    I would recommend this place to anyone.  The price was probably a little bit above average, but so worth it.

Our room was on the ground floor.  Thank you, Jesus.   Since I have gotten older, my arthritis and stairs just don't mix.  Each of us had our own bed and after figuring out the heat system (on the baseboards), the room warmed up quickly.  There was no TV, and I was glad.  What a waste of time, in my opinion.  After writing in my journal, it was "lights out" and goodnight.

paulkernan says:
I mentioned my ex-wife from Derry, well this Hotel is owned by her aunt Maura... Its a small world!
Posted on: Feb 11, 2008
Gregans Castle Hotel
Gregans Castle Hotel at dusky dark
Gregan's Castle Hotel at dusky dark
Mooooo.  How are yoooooou?
Mooooo. How are yoooooou?
Curious County Clare Cows