Hiking in the Julian Alps, Triglav National Park, Slovenia

Slovenia Travel Blog

Triglav National Park

In October, I spent 2 days hiking in the Julian Alps in Triglav National Park in the Northwestern region of Slovenia. Even though it was getting pretty cold, it really is a great time of the year to visit, as only the real hiking enthusiasts are out there, so peaceful silence and stunning mountain views in abundance. There are a huge number of tracks to suit all abilities, from soft to the real technical climbing if you fancy tackling Triglav Mountain.

These really were a great couple of days. Exercising during the day, whilst taking in clean alpine air and then re-fuelling in the evenings with local beer, wine and some of the best organic food I have eaten in a very long time. We kept away from hotels and tried out a farm stay for a few nights - fantastic! The farm was a working farm, so I fell asleep both evenings to the sound of the farmers harvesting the last of the years crops.

Lake Bled
After a long days hiking and plenty of local wine, that only took about 2 minutes.

Before travelling back to Ljubljana, we took a quick pit stop to take in Lake Bled. I really love the view of Lake Bled.......although I can't really say the same about Bled town itself, but as long as you face the Lake it really is a beautiful and tranquil place.

The last day and evening of the trip was spent back in Ljubljana. Only a small City, but full of lovely places to visit with the Ljubljana Castle sitting high above the Old Town and nice walks through the Tivoli Park. But alas, I was drawn to the fantastic restaurants and bars along the banks of the Ljubljana river. Not a bad way to finish the trip.

If you want to see some more images of Slovenia take a look at this link and enjoy  http://www.addictedtotravel.com/destinations/countries/photo-gallery.aspx?CountryId=208#

Just thought I would add to this save setting up a new blog. I'm hoping to head back over to Slovenia in June time to spend more time in the Tolmin area and the Soca valley. The plan this time is to do some white water rafting and canyoning. This is the trip I am heading on

I will post a new blog on my return

fluturas says:
I love also moutaines...can wait to see my hometown
Posted on: Nov 29, 2007