Survival, part III

Okavango Delta Travel Blog

What a surprise, we had survived :).

This morning, we had the choice to make another game walk or you could stay in your bed. I had choosen the first and that did not turned out well. Our first guide was a little bit shy, but could show us some interesting things. The guide this morning was its surplus of desinterest. It was thrown away time. After that, having eaten breakfast, the tents were packed and the journey back to civilization has begun. Our eldery polesman began to sing and it was like an intro in a documentary, so great. Unfortunally, he sang alone and quitted after 2 songs. We stopped middle in the swamp and took a rest. We saw an amazing group of zebra's looking curiously at us.

Back by the truck that was gonna pick up again to the original campsite, there was little confusion.

We gave a very small tip to the guides and polesmen. In some way they deserved it, but it was not nice to see the disappointment at their faces. I decided not to mingle myself in the discussion. Meanwhile, while driving away, the kiwi offered us some 'cold' beer. This little criminal, afterwards, the beer was not cold and we had pay to ourselves. But he did not say that.

At the campsite the first serious tensions arose between some people. A quick dive in the swimmingpool seemed to drive them away. But it is obvious that some had little desires to go home. "Home", that day, it was the first time that it crossed my mind seriously. The trip was ending, but there were some days to go, and (we did not know that than) they were not dull at all.

Okavango Delta