20th day

Nata Travel Blog

So, why did we go to Baobab's Place, a place between Gweta and Nata? Nobody knew for sure. The hardest rumour is that we had to drive so much off the route, is that this place is sponsored or owned by some big guy from the overland company. Except for the beautiful trees over here, there was not more to do. Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort for the extra hours on the road.

In the truck, the sceneries were not that spectacular, unless you like oil companies exploited the resources in the area. Maybe I just got spoiled after almost three weeks adventure.
Funny fact was, that we got a ticket for speeding. Even at this point Botswana is clamping on the western world. Another amusing moment in the boring long seat was the decontamination point. Some invisible line for agricultural zones. I did not understand it all, but the stop in the middle of nowhere was somewhat surreal.

In everything, you can experience the feeling this was a day in-between. At the campsite everybody enjoyed the first shower since three days and in the evening, again, the beers were consumed in large numbers. Man, this trip was not the moment to stop or even drink less with my alcohol consumptions, although I expected before the start, this was a nice opportunity.

photo by: Torwart