Mojokerto opengceremony and first stage

Mojokerto Travel Blog

official opening ceremony

After a very long flight from Brussels to Surabaya (with stopovers in Frankfurt, Taipei and Jakarta) I finaly arrived in Mojokerto where I installed myself in the hotel from the organisation and had a short sleep. About 2 ours later my Indonesian teammate woke me up to get ready for the officel openingsceremony and team presentation of the tour de east Java 2007.

The openingsceremony was a great show with lots of local dansers and music. For the team presentation we had to climb into an old army jeep whitch drove us in a parade trough the city of Mojokerto. Every street was packed with people who were cheering and taking pictures of us. Once we got back to the starting point it was time for a walking dinner where we could get a taste of the local food.

Getting ready for the public team presantation

The next day it was finaly time to get in action. At 1:00PM local time and under a tropical hot sun it was time for the 1st stage a criterium of 65km in the streets of Mojokerto. It was a very hard an fast race with an avarage speed of 44.5km/Hr. I became 16th in the bunch sprint and was prety satisfied of my race.

Later that day after a good shower and some sleep me and my team-mates Bjorn, Soren and mario decided to start with a tradition for the rest of the week. As we only get rice to eat in the hotel we went eating KFC after the meal we drove into town to find a massage salon where we had a great relaxing massage. To finish the day we bought a big bottle of local beer and had a descussion about what our tacticks would be the next day.

official opening ceremony
Getting ready for the public team …
Getting ready for the public team…
Mojokerto