Waiting for my plane...as usual

Chicago Travel Blog

When in Chicago, a friend picked me up at the train station and then hung out with me for a few hours because I arrived in Chicago around 4pm but my plane was scheduled to leave around 10:30 pm. We decided to have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was about an hour wait so we wandered around in the Watertower and the Hancock building. Once we got a table, we had a really wonderful waitress and I ordered a burger with fries. When I got my meal, I grabbed the ketchup and started shaking it so it wouldn't be watery. The next thing I know, I have ketchup all over my face and my poor waitresses all white uniform has a streak of ketchup across her chest. I was mortified. The cap to the ketchup wasn't on all the way and when I shook it, the ketchup went flying. The cap flew across the crowded restaurant and ketchup flung in my face. Our waitress was incredibly nice about it and the restaurant manager came over, but I was terribly embarassed. Luckily she was able to change her shirt and I left her a very big tip for causing her so much trouble. I knew this was good sign to the begining of my trip. Though it was embarassing, it was very, very funny. After that, my friend and I took a trip around Chicago to see all the Christmas decorations. When I got to the aiport, all the signs said my plane was on time, but it ended up leaving three hours late at abou 1:30 in the mornings.
Chicago