Anyone, any tips on moving from NY to SF

New York Travel Blog

I am giving some very serious thought on moving from New York to San Franciso. I have been for a very long time now.  Does anyone have any good tips on how to do this transition?? I also have two cats.  How will I get them there?? Drive them, fly them??? Where to start.......?

Well first off I need to come up with a plan, find a place to live, figure out what I need to bring, mostly everything  will be put in storage.  I plan on packing light, just bring clothing, Laptop, Pets, and other little things I need.  Few people I know that have done major relocation have said its just cheaper to leave the furniture and buy new, then to have it all moved accross the country.  Its seems that I will have to plan to take to the skys and the road to complete such a relocation.  I also could have some stuff shipped ups??

well it looks like I am slowly getting some ideas as I write this on how to go about this.  But please, anyone who has any helpful information, or who has done this themselves, please feel free to share with me.  My biggest concern is how do I get my two cats there safe.  Plane or drive??

I hope to hear some ideas from some of you.

Eric says:
Hi Michael - My brother (and Co-Founder of TravBuddy) recently moved from Austin, TX to San Francisco. He could probably give you some advice. Send a message to TravBuddy user "David". Cheers.
Posted on: Nov 27, 2007