No Goodbyes

Kathmandu Travel Blog

Back in Kathmandu for a few days before catching a flight back to India.  I’m not sure if I was really ready to go but my trip through India wasn’t complete and I needed to go back before heading home.

But before leaving I needed to do some serious shopping!  I was really impressed with some of the souvenirs you could buy in Thamel and I figured this was the best place to pick up some gifts for myself and for my friends at home.  We spent a few days wandering in and out of little shops negotiating prices and comparing the quality of various goods.

We enjoyed several delicious meals since I was heading back to India where I’ve given up on finding any good western food for decent prices.  I was resigned to eating only Indian fare for the next several weeks and I needed to get in as much good pasta and steak as possible!

And then it was time to leave.  Not just Nepal, but each other’s company.  Rod and I had been traveling together for 3 months and it was now time to part ways.

But no goodbyes of course.

And Nepal also got itself a “see you next time”.  It’s a place I know I’ll have to revisit again.

photo by: sharonburgher