The Long and Winding Road

Hana Travel Blog

Oheo pools at Haleaka park
Here we go here we go here we go now...

This is probably my 6th or 7th trip to Hawaii so I'm definetly not a tourist anymore!  This is only my second trip to Maui though and I'm crashing at my sister's apartment for my 10 day stay.

On Wednesday we took off from Kihei in south Maui and took the 2.5 hour drive known as The Road To Hana on the northern, lush side of the island.  It's a beautiful albeit long and winding ride.  Basically, any of you out there with even a hint of motion sickness wouldn't last the first 10 mintues.

You know what you see the most on this road?  Mustangs!  As in the convertible!  It seems every vacationer needs to drive a Mustang, at least on this island.  I'm guessing every forth car was a red 'stang and every second car was just a 'stang in a different colour!  Do people get that they're all trying to live the SAME dream!

But I digress....

Alright!  On to typical tourist things:  went swimming at Oheo, a fresh water pool fed by a waterfall, hiking in Haleakala park for 2 hours looking for a 400 foot waterfall (so worth the hike!), and took lots of snaps of the waves crashing against a coast line of black lava rocks.  Check, check and check.

just past the town of Hana