Day 1: Besisahar

Besisahar Travel Blog

It started in Besisahar.  After leaving our extra belongings in storage in Pokhara, Rod and I took a bus to the town of Besisahar where we disembarked and continued the rest of the way up to Thorong La on foot.

Rod and I decided to trek without a guide or a porter.  Actually, I really wanted a porter because I wasn’t in the best of physical shape.  But Rod was up to the challenge of carrying our stuff for the entire journey as he was convinced that we didn’t need a porter to crowd us.

In the end I was really happy we completed the circuit all on our own, but those first few days were real hard as we forced our bodies to whip into shape.
To say that my legs were furious with me, and at times threatened to detach themselves from my body in order to end the torture I was forcing them through could be an exaggeration, but at the time it sure seemed true.

Connie says:
There were plenty of other people on the circuit and the route was easy to follow. That being said I wouldn't feel comfortable going solo. It's just safer trekking with someone. And there wasn't much of a reason involved in our choice to do the circuit over EBC except that the circuit just seemed more appealing.
Posted on: May 03, 2011
saltycoco says:
i think i have finally narrowed nepal as the next country i wanna visit for sure. i'm thinking of trekking by myself also. when you did the circuit did you see other travelers as well? or was it just you and your partner? is the route easy to follow or easy to get lost? lastly, what made you decide to do annapurna over Everest base camp? thanks connie.
Posted on: Apr 30, 2011