AsiaNepalPokhara

The Annapurna Circuit Trek

Pokhara Travel Blog

It’s funny trying to write about things that happen so far in the past.  Although this entry is dated April 16, 2008, I’m writing this one month later after I’ve returned from trekking the Annapurna Circuit.

But since I was focused on climbing through a mountain range to cross one of the biggest and highest mountain passes in the world, I figured there wouldn’t be much of an opportunity to update my blog.

So the next several entries are points of interest along the Annapurna Circuit and again, I apologize for losing the whole “in the moment” feeling I try to express in my blog entries.

The Annapurna Circuit is one of the two most popular treks in Nepal (the other being Everest Base Camp). The main highlight of the Annapurna Circuit is making the trek across Thorong La, a snow covered pass with an elevation of 5418m that lies between two mountains peaks.

In Pokhara, we registered with the Annapurna Conservation Area office and bought some winter jackets.

If you’re ever in the market for quality imitation Gore-Tex at cheap prices, Nepal is the place to visit……especially when there’s been a recent election causing an unusual low in tourism during peak season therefore allowing you to negotiate excellent bargains…….I swear that shopkeeper is still fuming about the great deal he gave me!

Pokhara