day 2

Manuel Antonio Travel Blog

day 2: We decided to go white water rafting. We arrainged a company and pick up all at our hotel. It was nice and easy and the price was the same when we checked around ourselves. We were picked up by the company at our hotel and taken to thier office for all the paper work and of course payment. We were then loaded up into the van and headed out to where we would start our river journey. There were only 6 of us total going for the day so we were going to be using the smaller rafts which could only fit 6 so we had two groups. Along the was the main guide told us about the area history and all kinds of information about the rainforest and Costa Rica.  The dropped us off at a side road and the van went ahead to set everything up while our guide walked us throught a herb farm.
He explained all the herbs they grew there and where there were exported to.
We then got geared up and were given instructions on what needed to be done for our river trip. The guide Eric and I had however didn't speak any English. We also found out that this would be his first time guiding donw the river. It was a good thing that both of us had been river rafting many  time because I guide wasn't very good. Case in point was when he got us high sided on a rock at the top of a class 4 rapid and Eric fell and knocked me into the river. So I cruised through a class 4 rapid by myself (It was actually a blast even thought I knew it was dangerous).
All and all the river trip was great and I had a blast.